West Allis Fire Department warns hot clothes can start a fire

WEST ALLIS, Wis. (CBS 58) -- The West Allis Fire Department is warning people not to leave hot clothes bundled up in a laundry bag or basket after taking them out of a dryer because they can ignite. 

The Department took to its Facebook page to post a photo from an apartment fire on May 2. Officials say the occupant dropped off freshly washed clothes at his home and his clothes were still hot from the dryer and packed tightly in the laundry bag. The clothes began to smolder and started his bedroom on fire. 

Share this article: