Spring-The Season to Refresh and Reset
Winter is hard on our vehicles. The salt and lack of washing can cause dangerous situations. Many of us get great satisfaction in spring-cleaning our homes. We purge the old to make way for the new! However, many of us often forget to thoroughly clean our vehicles as often as we should. Keeping your car clean helps reduce the likelihood of a car accident.
As you clean, look out for these items in particular:
- Wash Interior and Exterior
- Spend time wiping down the hard surfaces inside your car, throwing away trash and organizing. For the exterior, make sure you give your car a good wash. Scrub down the body and the wheels so all of the road salt is gone. Salt from the road can corrode many parts of your car and even ruin the paint job. Salt tends to contribute to rust that can cause hydraulic brake system leaks, damage the vehicle’s frame and other issues. If you didn’t keep up during the winter, now is the time to clean salt from the undercarriage as well.
- Replace Windshield Wiper Blades
- After wiping off all the snow and ice from the winter months, your windshield wipers are probably worn out. If they are, replace them. You should also top off your windshield wiper fluid. Spring brings messy weather and a clean windshield is vitally important.
- Check Tire Pressure and Thread
- Temperature can change your tire pressure a great deal. When the weather warms up, check your tire pressure. You do not want to let it get too low. You should also check your tire tread to make sure you do not need new tires. Worn tires can be deadly on wet roads and the wet roads of spring showers are going to be here soon.
- Test Battery
- The winter months are extremely hard on your battery. Now is a good time to get it checked out by a mechanic. If your battery is dead or close to dead, be sure to get it replaced as soon as you can.
You should not have to waste your time and energy with the distractions a dirty or nonmaintained vehicle can give you. You should be focusing on driving safely. March is here and very soon the weather will start to warm up. This is a great time to begin spring-cleaning. We recommend that you take this opportunity to ensure your car is in the best condition for safe driving.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident, the experienced automobile accident attorneys at Hupy and Abraham are here to help. To schedule a free consultation, call 800-800-5678 or start a live chat anytime and Hupy.com.