Slip and Fall
If you have been injured during or after slipping, you know how serious and life-altering the event can be for the person who is hurt. We’ve compiled a list of common injuries that result from a slip and fall.
If you or a loved one has fallen, then it is important to watch for symptoms:
- Broken bones. While any bone can break in a fall accident, some common injuries include broken hips; broken tailbones; broken arms, elbows, and wrists; and broken legs, knees, and ankles. The impact of a broken bone injury may be painful, inconvenient, or life-changing.
- Spinal cord injuries. A spinal cord injury can change your life significantly. During a slip and fall your back may strike an object behind you, causing severe damage to the spine.
- Brain injuries. When a slip and fall causes a traumatic brain injury, the implications can be devastating. Though a mild concussion may not lead to permanent damage, a serious head injury caused by the head hitting the ground or an object can cause permanent disability.
- Dislocated shoulders. Prompt treatment can help you manage the pain and reduce the likelihood of a permanent injury if you have dislocated your shoulder in a fall accident.
- Eye injuries. Falls are the most common cause of eye injuries. The results can range from temporary injuries to permanent blindness depending on the unique injury.
- Facial and dental injuries. Broken jaws, noses, and teeth can be significant and painful injuries that occur during a fall. Multiple surgeries may be needed—and permanent disfigurement can result.
- Loss of life. If a fall is serious and causes extensive injury, the results can be fatal. Head, hip, and spine trauma are some of the deadly injuries that can occur after a trip or slip and fall accident.
While some slip or trip and fall accidents are simply accidents, many are caused by the negligence of others. If you believe that a hazardous condition such as a wet floor, item obtruding onto a walkway, improperly maintained sidewalk or icy parking lot has caused you to slip and fall, please seek medical attention.
After you have been seen by a doctor, please contact the experienced fall injury lawyers at Hupy and Abraham. During your free consultation we will be able to evaluate your case and advise you on the best course of action for you. You can reach our attorneys at 800-800-5678, or online at hupy.com.
For more information visit www.hupy.com