"ReFresh Milwaukee," Continues with W. Hampton Avenue Road Constuction Project
MILWAUKEE--Milwaukee's SUpervisor of Public Works (DPW), says the project to improve a strecth of W. Hampton Avenue from Green Bay to Teutonia Avenue's would entail
- Replacing the existing pavement with a new concrete pavement
- New curbs and gutters, driveway approaches and sidewalks at most locations
- Replacing storm sewer inlets
- “Green” sustainable infrastructure improvements
“This project will include seven bio retention facilities, or bio swales, in the new boulevards as well as landscaping elements that help remove silt and pollution from storm water runoff.”
- Phase 1: May 21 through approximately July 21: Reconstruction work on the north side of W. Hampton Avenue (westbound lanes). Two-way traffic will continue to operate on the south side of the street, one lane in each direction. Pavement gaps will be provided at intervals to maintain access to properties located along the street.
- Phase 2: Approximately July 21 through November 1: Reconstruction moves to the south side of W. Hampton Ave. (eastbound lanes). Two-way traffic – one lane in each direction – moves to the recently completed westbound lanes.