Police: Woman in white pick-up truck tried to lure juvenile with candy in Racine
RACINE, Wis. (CBS 58) -- Racine police are investigating an attempted child enticement that happened near Dekoven Avenue and Memorial Drive on Thursday, September 26.
According to the Racine Police Department, a Hispanic female driving a white pick-up truck attempted to lure a juvenile over to the vehicle with candy. Police say the juvenile ran away and the vehicle left the area.
Racine police is reminding citizens to talk to their children about the importance of stranger danger.
Safety measures you can talk to your children about:
- Stay away from strangers. Do no talk to or take anything from them.
- Don’t go anywhere with someone you don’t know. Never accept a ride from a stranger.
- If a stranger approaches you, seek help immediately from a trusted adult.
- Report any suspicious activity to a trusted adult.
- Be alert of your surroundings and let others know where you will be and what time you will be back.
Racine police are interested in any additional information that anyone may have about this incident. If you have information, contact the Racine Police Department at 262-635-7756.
Those who wish to remain anonymous may contact Crime Stoppers by phone at 262-636-9330, or through the Crime Stoppers app by using the p3 app.