Most Dangerous - Ten Car Models to Avoid
In the automotive market, safety features have become paramount and car companies are constantly working to make their cars as safe as possible. However, some models on the roads today still simply aren’t as safe as the rest, and you should take extra caution when considering your next vehicle purchase.
- 2013-2014 Nissan Sentra -- 72 deaths per million registrations, poor ratings from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS), driver’s side seriously compromised during crash tests
- 2011-2014 Nissan Titan Crew Cab – 73 deaths per million registrations, weak roof strength combined with high rollover potential
- 2015-2018 Dodge Challenger – 81 deaths per million registrations, poor structure and safety cage protection ratings
- 2010-2013 Kia Soul – 82 deaths per million registrations as a result of poor ratings on front crash tests
- 2011-2014 Ford Fiesta sedan – 83 deaths per million registrations, serious weakness in front overlap crash tests
- 2012-2018 Nissan Versa – 95 deaths per million registrations, airbags deploy in a way that leaves the head seriously vulnerable to contact with the front area of the car
- 2009-2015 Chevrolet Spark – 96 deaths per million registrations, structure and safety cage concerns, critical vulnerabilities with driver’s side airbags
- 2011-2014 Scion tC – 101 deaths per million registrations, majority of crashes were single driver, about half of which were single vehicle rollover
- 2012-2015 Kia Rio sedan – 102 deaths per million registrations, particularly dangerous in multiple-vehicle accidents
- 2012-2017 Hyundai Accent sedan – 104 deaths per million registrations, poor ratings in driver overlap, serious risk for leg, hip, lower body and head injuries for driver
It’s important to do your research and know that your next car will keep you and your loved ones safe in the terrible event of an accident. If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident, do not hesitate to seek legal representation. The attorneys at Hupy and Abraham have the skills needed to get you the compensation you deserve. Call our offices at 800-800-5678 or start a chat online 24/7 at hupy.com.