Milwaukee DPW limits services, hours on Christmas Eve and Day -- here's the schedule
MILWAUKEE (CBS 58) -- The City of Milwaukee Department of Public Works (DPW) announced limited services will be available for limited hours of operation on Tuesday, Dec. 24 and Wednesday, Dec. 25 -- an certain parking restrictions will be lifted as well.
Here's a look at the breakdown:
Garbage, Recycling, and Drop-Off Centers:
- There will be no garbage and recycling pick-up on Tuesday, December 24 and Wednesday, December 25.
- Drop-Off Centers will be closed on Tuesday, December 24 and Wednesday, December 25.
- No parking meter or hourly restriction enforcement on Wednesday, December 25.
- No overnight parking enforcement on Tuesday night into Wednesday morning (December 25 from 2a.m. to 6 a.m.) and Wednesday night into Thursday morning (December 26 from 2 a.m. to 6 a.m.).However, vehicles still must be legally parked and not in violation of any posted parking regulations.
- Night parking enforcement resumes on Thursday night into Friday morning (December 27 from 2 a.m.to 6 a.m.).
- Open Tuesday, December 24 from 7:30 a.m. to noon
- Closed Wednesday, December 25
Milwaukee Water Works:
- We continue to provide your drinking water 24 hours a day through any holiday!
- Frozen water pipes are expensive to repair and prevent water from flowing. Make sure your basementtemperature is above 32 degrees. Allow air to circulate around your pipes and meter. Info at Milwaukee.gov - Winter in Milwaukee
- The Customer Service Center will be closed on Tuesday, December 24 and Wednesday, December 25. Customers may call our 24-hour Control Center at (414) 286-3710.
- Customers can pay their Municipal Services Bill online at milwaukee.gov/water. For automated account information, please call (414) 286-2830.
The Hop, presented by Potawatomi Hotel & Casino:
- Streetcar service on Tuesday, December 24 will be normal weekday service from 5 a.m. to midnight.Streetcar service on Wednesday, December 25 will be from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. Detailed information HERE.