Homes, businesses evacuated after gas line hit in Shorewood
SHOREWOOD, Wis. (CBS 58) -- Homes and businesses were evacuated Thursday after a gas line was hit in Shorewood.
North Shore Fire/Rescue says they got a call from a construction crew saying they hit a gas line at the intersection of East Elmdale Street and North Morris Blvd. in Shorewood.
Twelve homes, businesses, and apartments were evacuated as a safety precaution while crews worked to stop the gas leak. Traffic was also briefly affected.
North Shore Fire/Rescue says there was a 911 call about the odor of gas at Shorewood High School, although no immediate danger was found and the odor dissipated once the leak was stopped by We Energies. North Shore Fire/Rescue says they are unaware of any classroom disruption as a result of the leak.
No injuries were reported.