FBI searching for serial robber, believed responsible for 5 Aldi Foods robberies
WISCONSIN (CBS 58) -- The FBI Milwaukee Division is seeking the public's help in identifying a robbery suspect responsible for the robbery of multiple Aldi's Food Stores from Milwaukee to Madison.
The suspect is described as a black male between 5'7 and 5'9 with a thin to athletic build. Witnesses have reported that the suspect displays a silver/chrome semi-automatic handgun during the robberies.
The suspect matches the description of the serial robber believed to be responsible for five robberies and one attempted robbery of Aldi Food Stores at the following locations:
1. ALDI FOODS located at 3105 South Chicago Avenue, South Milwaukee, WI on 06/15/2017.
2. ALDI FOODS located at 4615 West Layton Avenue, Greenfield, WI on 07/10/2017.
3. ALDI FOODS located at 1521 Unity Drive, Oconomowoc, WI on 08/01/2017.
4. ALDI FOODS located at 19555 West Bluemound Road, Town of Brookfield, WI on 09/16/2017.
5. ALDI FOODS located at 3925 Lien Road, Madison, WI on 10/07/2017.
6. ALDI FOODS located at 3105 South Chicago Avenue, South Milwaukee, WI on 11/02/2017. (attempted robbery)
According to the FBI, the suspect would enter the Aldi Foods approximately 20 to 30 minutes prior to store closing, hiding somewhere inside of the store. Approximately 5 to 10 minutes after the store closes, the suspect would emerge from hiding, display a handgun, and take control of everyone inside of the store.
It appears that the suspect has inside knowledge of Aldi and its' procedures.
The suspect has been able to avoid having his face captured by surveillance and has been observed on the phone during several robberies and therefore it's believed that he is working with an accomplice/lookout.
FBI is offering a reward of up to $5,000 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the suspect.
The suspect is considered armed and dangerous. Anyone with information is asked to call their local police department or the FBI Milwaukee Division at 414-276-4684.