Car fire in Sturtevant causes damages to surrounding duplexes
STURTEVANT, Wis. (CBS 58) -- The South Shore Fire Department was called to a vehicle fire between two houses over the weekend.
It happened around 4 p.m. on Sunday in the 3200 block of Kennedy Drive.
Upon arrival, crews located a fully involved vehicle fire and immediately started evacuating residents from duplexes located on both sides of the vehicle fire.
The fire was determined to have started in a 2008 Cadillac Escalade that was parked in the driveway between two duplexes.
The fire likely started from a mechanical malfunction in the vehicle's engine, South Shore Fire confirms.
Heat from the fire seriously damaged the siding on the surrounding duplexes.
The vehicle was a total loss.
There was roughly $10,000 in damages done to each of the two duplexes. Both duplexes remained habitable after the fire.
There were no injuries reported.