August is National Wellness Month
Every day should be wellness day, but life can be so busy sometimes. So we put our wellness in the backseat as we deal with other things such as work, family and social events. Even on our busy days, we should try to do at least one small self-care task for our bodies. Your body will thank you later for doing so!
Easy ways to incorporate self-care:
- Drink plenty of water: It is recommended to drink at least eight 8-ounce glasses a day. It is important in staying hydrated, as it affects the rest of your day and your health.
- Spend some time with nature: Even if it is just for five minutes. Spending time outside boosts your immunity, lowers your stress hormone, your pulse rate and your blood pressure.
- Laugh: Laughter is the best medicine. Laughing improves cardiac health, boost T-cells, triggers the release of endorphins and produces a general sense of well-being.
- Listen to what your body is trying to tell you: Physical or mental symptoms can manifest, but we ignore them. Realize that they might mean something and check it out.
- Read labels: Before buying products, you either inhale or consume. Learn what you are putting in your home and your body before buying them.
- Spend at least 30 minutes a day moving. Either a walk or a gym session, some sort of exercise will keep your body healthy and able to function.
- Try meditation. Meditation can help lower blood pressure, anxiety and depression.
The attorneys at Hupy and Abraham are dedicated to protecting the wellness of you and your home. If you or a loved one has suffered an injury due to the negliengence of someone else or a product, please contact Hupy and Abraham for a free consultation. Call 800-800-5678 right away!