11-Year-Old Revived After Overdosing On Heroin In Pittsburgh

PITTSBURGH (KDKA) — A child overdosed on heroin in Beechview on Wednesday, KDKA has confirmed.

It happened in the 2300 block of Palm Beach Avenue around 6 p.m.

Officers were called for the suspected overdose of an 11-year-old female.

Paramedics arrived and administered Narcan. The girl was transported to UPMC Children’s Hospital and is in critical condition.

“Her sister found her,” the girl’s grandmother said. “It was after dinner, she didn’t come down to eat.”

Sources tell KDKA investigators found multiple stamp bags of heroin with the child, and one of the bags was open.

“The ambulance was here, police, I don’t know what went on in my neighbor’s house but the police were there for a very long time, first time ever an incident over there,” neighbor Denise Shealey said. “They were taking the little girl out of the house and she was screaming.”

No further information has been released.

Join The Conversation On The KDKA Facebook Page
Stay Up To Date, Follow KDKA On Twitter

Share this article: