Tip Line: 414-777-5808 | newsdesk@cbs58.com

Welding accident blamed for machine shed fire in Ozaukee County

19 fire departments worked together to put out a fire in Fredonia.

Flames were shooting from a machine shed on KK Road around 4:30 Tuesday afternoon.

One person was inside welding when sparks flew into a bucket of oil and started the fire.

The person got out safely.

The shed and some equipment inside are a total loss.

But firefighters say it could have been much worse. 

\"We are lucky it did not spread to the house,\" said Fredonia Fire Chief Brian Schommer.  \"Our main concern upon our arrival we knew pretty much the building was going to be a total loss based on how involved it was already so we can concentrate on saving the house, knocking that area down.\"

Firefights say this family had a tornado come through the property a couple of years ago.

Despite having to rebuild again, they seemed to be doing fine.

Share this article: