Tip Line: 414-777-5808 | newsdesk@cbs58.com

Racine high school student praised for finding trashcan fire

RACINE, Wis. (CBS 58) -- A small fire was discovered by a student Thursday morning inside a garbage can located inside the Theater of Horlick High School in Racine.

A student quickly notified his teacher and activated the fire alarm. The Teacher was able to extinguish the fire with a fire extinguisher and the fire was contained inside the metal trashcan.

Fire officials say the student did the right thing and prevented a possible disaster.

Share this article: