Waukesha Oktoberfest will happen inside air-conditioned tent due to heat
WAUKESHA (CBS 58) -- The 2nd annual Waukesha Oktoberfest will take place in Frame Park on Friday, September 22 and Saturday, September 23. The event is free and because of the expected heat will take place in an air-conditioned tent.
“With temperatures soaring this weekend, Waukesha’s Oktoberfest will be the coolest place to hang out,” said Joanna Adamicki, special events coordinator for the City of Waukesha Parks, Recreation & Forestry Dept. “Oktoberfest-goers will have a chance to cool off and enjoy the great band line up and the incredible performance by The Muller Fasching Verein Nordamerika performers at 5:00 p.m. It’s an experience not to be missed.”
Waukesha Oktoberfest will take place in Frame Park in the area of the Formal Gardens. The music stage, and beer garden style seating will be offered under a tent and a percentage of sales will benefit local community organizations. A free Oktoberfest shuttle, courtesy of First Student, will run from the Waukesha County Courthouse and the Waukesha Transit Center every 15 minutes to Frame Park. Shuttle riders will receive a token for a free scoop of Culvers custard.
The event will open Friday with the “tapping of the Firkin” at 5:00 p.m. hosted by Sprecher Brewing Company and the Honorable Mayor Shawn Reilly. Free beer from the firkin will be available for as long as it lasts. Blaskapelle Milwaukee will entertain Oktoberfest-goers until 9:30 p.m. Nagelschlagen, masskrugstemmen, and cornhole will also be offered. Kohl’s Color Wheels will also be on hand with free crafts for kids from 5:00 to 7:00 p.m.
A variety of events are scheduled for Saturday when things get started around 9:00 a.m.
- The “Wurst Beer Biathlon,” in cooperation with Silver Circle Sports, at 9:00 a.m. Register at http://www.silvercirclesportsevents.com/wurst-beer-biathlon.
- The Ed Hause Band will entertain from 9:00 a.m. to noon.
- The Cool School program and Texas Roadhouse will host kids games and crafts, noon to 5:00 p.m.
- Die Musikmeisters will play from 12:30 p.m. to 4:30.
- Unveiling of the Oktoberfest cake with free cake to the first 400 attendees at 3 p.m. courtesy of Sweet Perfections
- An exclusive performance by The Muller Fasching Verein Nordamerika performers at 5:00 p.m.
- The WAMI Award Winning Copper Box rounds out the 2nd Annual Waukesha Oktoberfest with a performance from 5:30 to 9:00 p.m. Oktoberfest says “Auf Wiedersehen” at 10:00 p.m.
A variety of food will be offered including fish fry, brats, roasted nuts, and Bavarian pretzels. The carry-in of alcoholic beverages is not allowed and will be strictly enforced.