Emily Thornton, Reporter
Emily joined CBS 58 in December 2017 as a multimedia journalist and digital producer.
Before coming to Milwaukee, Emily was an anchor and reporter at WAOW in Wausau, Wisconsin. She grew up spending her summers in the Northwoods and is happy to now be living in the southeastern part of the state.
Throughout her time in Wausau, Emily was a part of several award-winning teams and covered a wide variety of stories. She reported on the tragic Marathon County shooting rampage and also traveled with Wisconsin veterans to Washington D.C. on the Honor Flight.
Emily was born and raised in the Chicago suburbs. She attended the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign.
When Emily isn’t at work, she enjoys traveling, cooking and spending time with friends and family.
Emily wants to hear from you and tell your stories. Feel free to connect with her by email or on Facebook and Twitter.
Articles by Emily Thornton
- Trial involving former Sheriff David Clarke underway in Milwaukee
- Brewers game room unveiled at Pieper-Hillside Boys & Girls Club
- Journey, Def Leppard to headline Summerfest on Fourth of July
- MPD investigating non-fatal shooting following argument
- Burlington’s Nestle factory to remain in operation despite sale to Ferraro
- Hundreds volunteer for day of service in Milwaukee
- CDC: “Very active flu season” across the country
- Florida Georgia Line to perform at Summerfest on June 30
- Ald. Donovan delivers State of Public Safety address, pleased Chief Flynn is retiring
- Halsey, Logic announced as headliners for Summerfest 2018
- Milwaukee city leaders express support for “Green Alert” system in memory of local veteran
- Car launches into house in Tosa
- How to keep your pipes safe during cold weather
- Several Milwaukee County Transit System programs see fare increase in 2018
- Hundreds take the plunge into Lake Michigan despite freezing temperatures
- Police officer, woman taken to hospital after car crashes into squad in Waukesha County
- UPDATE: MPD looking for suspect after armed robbery at Walgreens
- Annual Mitten Tree Drive donation deadline extended in Milwaukee
- Meals on Wheels of Milwaukee County continues deliveries despite cold weather
- West Bend Nativity scene taken down early after vandalism
- High schoolers raise money to buy gifts for Milwaukee elementary school students
- Milwaukee Ballet holds sensory-friendly performance of “The Nutcracker”
- Milwaukee Bucks surprise patients at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin with presents
- Elementary students raise money to buy classmate’s wheelchair in Buffalo County