Kohl's kicks off hiring for back-to-school, holiday seasons
By ANNE D'INNOCENZIO AP Retail Writer
NEW YORK (AP) — Kohl's is launching an early wave of hires for the back-to-school through the holiday season across 500 stores, nearly double the number of early hiring positions compared with last year.
The following stores in the Milwaukee area are hiring:
• Johnson Creek - 570 Wright Rd
• Sussex - N66 W25225 County Hwy V V
• Waukesha - 2130 E Moreland Blvd
• Delafield - 3105 Golf Rd
• SW Waukesha - 2140 W St Paul Ave
• Racine - 5500 Washington Ave
• West Allis - 2601 S 108th St
• Oak Creek - 9035 S Howell Ave
• Sheboygan - 3347 Kohler Memorial Dr
• Muskego - S68 W15388 Janesville Rd
• Grafton - 1050 Port Washington Rd
• Brookfield - 2325 N 124th St
• Menomonee Falls - N95 W18000 Appleton Ave
• West Bend - 1400 S Main St
The hiring, announced on Wednesday, will kick off in August and include stores and distribution and e-commerce fulfillment centers. The department store chain is also hiring 3,000 full-time and part-time workers for all stores nationwide.
The move comes as retailers struggle to find skilled workers in a tight job market where the unemployment rate is near a five-decade low. Overall, employers have been adding jobs faster than new workers flow into the economy.
Kohl's Corp. announced in late June a year ago it was looking for workers at 300 stores in its early wave of hires for the back half.