DNR expands capacity for outdoor events at state parks
The state Department of Natural Resources is expanding gathering limits for outdoor events at state parks as COVID-19 cases continue to wane.
The department announced Friday that volunteer groups, special event groups, hikes and education programs can now be as large as 350 people.
Outdoor campsites, shelters and amphitheaters will increase to maximum capacity or 350 people, whichever is less.
All other DNR facilities, including nature centers and indoor group camps remain closed to the public.
Read the full list of changes effective immediately:
- Volunteer group sizes can increase to 350 people outdoors with small working groups of 50 or less
- DNR-led and co-sponsored events such as naturalist activities, education programs, Friends hikes and candlelight events are now permitted for up to 350 people as long as events are outdoors
- Outdoor-only concession activities can increase to 350 people
- Outdoor group campsites will increase to maximum capacity or 350, whichever is less
- Open air shelters and amphitheaters will increase to maximum capacity or 350, whichever is less
- Special event group sizes will increase to 350
- Commercial-use application group sizes will increase to 350