Tip Line: 414-777-5808 | newsdesk@cbs58.com

Air Force confirms Wisconsin commander under investigation

TODD RICHMOND Associated Press Writer

WISCONSIN (AP) -- U.S. Air Force officials have confirmed that they're investigating the Wisconsin National Guard's former commander after he allegedly improperly launched an internal sexual assault investigation.

Gov. Tony Evers' office has said the National Guard discovered that Adj. Gen. Donald Dunbar improperly launched the probe while its investigators were reviewing Wisconsin National Guard sexual assault complaint protocols last year and referred him to the National Guard Bureau.

The bureau said Wednesday it forwarded the allegations to the Air Force because Dunbar was an Air Force officer.

An Air Force spokeswoman confirmed Wednesday that Dunbar is under investigation but declined further comment.

Share this article:
Save with
Are you sure you want to delete this comment?
Close

0 Comments

Post a comment
Be the first to leave a comment!
Are you sure you want to delete this comment?