Woman Severely Burned after Methamphetamine Catches Fire at Hotel in Lake Geneva
A Lake Geneva man allegedly cooked methamphetamine in a hotel room and the cook ignited in the room leaving one person severely burned.
Lake Geneva Police Chief Michael S. Rasmussen reports the incident happened on Monday around 3:14 AM.
Officers responded to The Cove for an activated fire alarm.
While en route, officers received a second call for service of a female yelling for help north of that location at Mill Creek Hotel.
As officers arrived at each location, it was determined the female at the Mill Creek Hotel sustained burns inside of a room at The Cove and walked to the Mill Creek Hotel for help.
The female was transported to St. Mary’s Hospital in Milwaukee and is in serious condition.
Further investigation revealed that a methamphetamine cook ignited within the room at The Cove.
Guests were evacuated from the area and the scene was secured.
A second occupant of the room, Patrick M. McBean, 50 y/o of Lake Geneva, was arrested and booked into the Walworth County Jail. Charges for possession of methamphetamine waste product, possession of drug paraphernalia related to methamphetamine manufacturing and bail jumping have been referred to the Walworth County District Attorney’s Office.
Two City of Lake Geneva Police Department officers, two Walworth County deputies, one Lake Geneva firefighter and a security officer for The Cove were treated for smoke inhalation at Lakeland Medical Center and released.