Tip Line: 414-777-5808 | newsdesk@cbs58.com

Wausau 92-Year-Old Man Found Guilty for Decades of Sexual Abuse

WAUSAU, Wis. (WSAW) – A 92-year-old man in Northern Wisconsin was found guilty decades of sexual abuse, according to WSAW.

Edward Heckendorf was found guilty on all eight counts, five of which include first degree sexual assault of a child.

According to court documents, some of the abuse began in the 1960s.

In court Wednesday, a woman identified as an alleged victim said she would avoid Heckendorf at gatherings and as a child would hide under a pool table.

Court documents identify six female victims, however the statute of limitations in second and third degree sexual assault is six years. The statue of limitations for fourth degree sexual assault is three years. That means the district attorney's office can only prosecute alleged instances of second and third degree sexual assault and fourth degree sexual assault with offense dates no later than six years and three years, respectively. However, beginning Tuesday, Feb. 16 the statute of limitations for second and third degree sexual assault was extended from six years to ten years.

Heckendorf's most serious charges include five counts of first degree sexual assault of a child. Online court records list the offense dates as 1983 to 1993. There is no statute of limitations when it comes to first degree sexual assault.

Heckendorf's most recent cases reportedly occurred in 2013 and 2014. That's when he's accused of grabbing a woman's breast at her place of employment, and asking another woman how tan her breasts were and reportedly grabbing her swimsuit top.

All of the alleged victims said they hesitated coming forward, until learning there were others.

A sentencing date has not yet been set. Heckendorf had been free on bond. However, bond was revoked due to the outcome of the trial.

Share this article: