Two Firefighters Treated after Fire in Dousman
On Tuesday, February 7 at 11:20 AM the Dousman Fire District and nine other departments responded to a structure fire with smoke and flames showing.
Original calls said it was a garage fire attached to a single family home, but when firefighters arrived they found the fire had extended to the attached house.
Multiple explosions were heard from the garage which had propane tanks and other compressed gas cylinders inside.
Due to the driveway being approximately 600 feet long, water was pumped through large diameter hoses from the end of the driveway which was brought to the scene on tenders which haul 2,000 – 3,000 gallons of water.
The fire ultimately spread into the kitchen and living room of the residence but was contained to those areas.
All residents were out of the structure at the time of the incident. No citizens were injured as a result of the fire; however two firefighters were treated on the scene for minor injuries.