Lake Delton hotel closed following carbon monoxide leak

Tools

by Tiffany Shepherd

LAKE DELTON—A hot spot for tourists turned into a hot spot for firefighters.
 

For the second weekend in a row a Wisconsin Dells hotel had to be evacuated.
 

This time it was because of a carbon monoxide leak at the Travel Lodge Hotel in Lake Delton .
 

Nine people were taken to hospitals for treatment.
 

Once safe air readings were reached, after the gas was shut off and the building was ventilated, guests were allowed to retrieve their belongings.
 

The hotel is currently closed until further notice.
 

Last week a fire broke out at the Atlantis Water Park Hotel and Suites.
 

No one was hurt.

 

Poll

Which of these new Wisconsin State Fair snacks are you going to try?

  • BBQ Chicken Cone
  • Deep Fried Maple Bacon Cookie Dough
  • Reeses Funnel Cake
  • Deep Fried Racine Kringel