Child with lighter may have started duplex fire


by Michele McCormack

MILWAUKEE --- A duplex caught fire Wednesday night and some of the displaced tell CBS 58 News it might have been caused by a child plaing with a lighter.

The flames were first reported near 104th and Kiehnau around 7:10 p.m. Everyone got out safely including several young children.

Battalion Chief Ralph Gallow says the bulk of the second floor was damaged in the fire.

"That includes three bedrooms and all the contents," Gallow explained shortly after the fire was declared under control.

Police say there was about $85,000 in damage to the duplex. No one was injuried the fire.

The Red Cross is assisting the residents who won't be allowed back in.


Should employers be able to ask applicants for social media log in information?

  • Yes
  • No