Carbon monoxide lead forces evacuation of apartment building, residents back home

Tools

by Chris Patterson
by Matt Doyle

MILWAUKEE -- A carbon monoxide leak caused the evacuation of dozens of residents from an apartment building complex near 13th and Locust St. on Milwaukee's near north side.

Residents were evacuated, because We Energies had to turn off the head to fix the leak. The property manager says the heat was restored early Wednesday afternoon.  All residents came back to their homes around 2:30.

Property Manager James Terrell says, "We have three boilers that head the entire complex and one of those boilers failed."

The Milwaukee Fire Department was called to the apartment complex at 13th and Locust around 5:00 a.m. Crews evacuated 8 of 32 units in the building. We Energies shut off gas until the landlord fixed the problem with the boiler, leaving the entire building without heat.

Poll

Which of these new Wisconsin State Fair snacks are you going to try?

  • BBQ Chicken Cone
  • Deep Fried Maple Bacon Cookie Dough
  • Reeses Funnel Cake
  • Deep Fried Racine Kringel