7-year-old boy killed in south side house fire identified

Tools

by Chris Patterson

MILWAUKEE -- The 7-year-old boy who died from his injuries after being pulled from a house fire Saturday morning has been identified as Miguel Quintanilla.

The fire broke out around 7:45 a.m. Saturday near 10th and Morgan. The Quintanilla was found in his bedroom without a pulse. Firefighters were able to resuscitate him and he was taken to Children's Hospital for smoke inhalation. The boy has since died after his condition did not improve overnight.

"He was just such a sweet boy," said an emotional Sylvia Oleszek, Quintanilla's Great Aunt.

Olesvek says the entire family is suffering but especially Quintanilla's Mother.

"Her world fell apart," she said choking back tears. "She doesn't know what to do with herself, so much false hop and then Miquel fought and then he couldn't fight anymore."

Firefighters say there were no working smoke detectors in the home. A relative was home at the time and was able to get out of the house safely.

Firefighters believe an electrical failure may be the cause of the fire. The fire is still under investigation.

The family had no life or homeowners insurance said Oleszek, "they'll need a lot of help."

 

 

Poll

Should employers be able to ask applicants for social media log in information?

  • Yes
  • No