St. Francis Police Remove Reptiles from Home after Person was Bitten
A person in St. Francis was bitten by a snake on Tuesday night, according to St. Francis Police.
The man was treated and released from the hospital. Police went to his residence to seize the venomous, illegal snake. At that time, they encountered other dangerous animals in the residence. The St. Francis Police and MADACC took snakes, lizards, spiders, and alligators from the home.
"It's extraordinarily dangerous. Not only to the person who is keeping these animals, but to their family, their friends, their neighbor," said John McDowell, the Field Officer Supervisor with MADACC.
St. Francis Police returned to the house on Wednesday with the Health Administrator and MADACC.
The police and animal control removed animals they believed were in violation of the city ordinance.
The City of St. Francis ordinance prohibits alligators, venomous snakes, and lizards of a certain length.
MADACC confirms they have been to the same house two time before. The first was in 2011. Neighbors say they remember the first time the man was bitten by a snake. One neighbor says she has seen him arm turn black and blue, and has seen him lose a finger in the past from his animals.