Tip Line: 414-777-5808 | newsdesk@cbs58.com

PINK! Cocktail Party To Raise Funds For Breast Cancer Research

Think Pink -- that's the message of one special event happening in downtown Milwaukee on Thursday. 

The PINK! Cocktail Party benefits the Susan G. Komen Foundation, and proceeds from this event will benefit women battling breast cancer in Milwaukee. 

"We believe there will be a cure," said Lisa Halstead, the PINK! co-chair. 

"The organization empowers the residents in our area with information about the importance of early detection and breast health," Halstead said. "75 percent of all net funds raised are donated to vital local breast health services. The remaining 25 percent is donated to national research to find the cures."

"Komen Southeast Wisconsin is part of the big picture to eradicate breast cancer.  But they are also focused on the local needs of our neighbors," she said.  "They are dedicated to educating the residents in our service area about breast cancer and the resources available while funding life-saving screening and treatment programs in for our neighbors currently battling this disease."

Share this article: