Packers Game Travel Advisory
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation is reminding motorists heading to Lambeau Field on Sunday, for the Green Bay Packer/Minnesota Viking football game that I-41 and adjacent roadways from Oneida Street north to Lineville Road in Brown County are under construction. The game is scheduled to start at 7:30 PM.
I-41, WIS 172 and I-43 could experience significant backups near the stadium, as could the I-41 interchanges at Oneida Street, WIS 172 and I-43. Barrier walls, orange barrels, and narrow lanes will affect travel. Due to the I-41 Project construction, Ashland Avenue through De Pere and Ashwaubenon will also experience increased traffic congestion as additional motorists use this as an alternate route. The heaviest congestion is expected three hours before and after the game.
Here is a list of the major roads in northeast Wisconsin most Packer fans will be traveling as they head for Lambeau Field, and the road conditions they should anticipate.
I-43 and I-43/I-41 interchange
- Brown County
- The southbound I-41 off-ramp to southbound I-43 remains closed. Drivers can follow the marked detour on I-41 southbound to WIS 172 eastbound, follow WIS 172 east to I-43.
- The northbound I-43 off-ramp to southbound I-41 remains closed. Drivers should follow detour onto I-41 northbound to Lineville Road, and use Lineville road to access I-41 southbound.
- I-43 between Atkinson Drive and I-41 is reduced to a single lane in each direction. The speed limit is also reduced to 55 mph.
WIS 172 and I-41/WIS 172 Interchange
Motorists should expect heavy congestion and potential long delays at the I-41/WIS 172 interchange and on WIS 172 in Brown County from I-43 to the WIS 172/I-41 interchange before and after the game. Motorists should consider using alternate routes if possible.
Barrier wall, narrow lanes, short merge distances and orange barrels will be present at various locations.
- Brown County
- Drivers will encounter 11-foot travel lanes and reduced shoulders in multiple locations along a 10-mile segment of highway. The speed limit is reduced to 55 mph from just south of Grant Street to Lineville Road. Temporary barrier wall at various locations will cause traffic to slow.
- The southbound I-41 off-ramp to Velp Ave remains closed, drivers can follow the marked detour on I-41 southbound to Shawano Ave, follow Shawano Ave east to Military Ave, and Military Ave north to Velp Ave (US 141)
- Winnebago County
- Drivers will encounter reduced speed limits on I-41 near the US 10/WIS 441/I-41 interchange. Drivers should also watch for reduced lane widths and reduced shoulder widths on northbound and southbound I-41.
WIS 441/US 10 and Roland Kampo Bridge
- Winnebago, Outagamie and Calumet counties.
- Drivers should be aware of orange barrels, narrow lanes, barrier walls and reduced speed limits.
Freeway Service Team
Two freeway service teams will be working on game day in Brown County. One team will be on I-41 from 2:00 PM to 7:30 PM and again from 10:30 PM to 12:30 AM and the other will be on WIS 172 from 3:30 PM to 7:30 PM. These teams will assist motorists - free of charge - who are involved in minor crashes or are experiencing a breakdown. If necessary, the Freeway Service Team quickly relocates disabled vehicles from the highway’s travel lanes and/or shoulders to safe, pre-designated locations away from traffic.
Services the team provides include:
- Relocating disabled vehicles
- Providing small amounts of fuel
- Handling minor repairs (changing flat tires, battery jump starts)
- Removing small non-hazardous debris from the roadway
- Assisting with traffic control and crash scene clearance