Tip Line: 414-777-5808 | newsdesk@cbs58.com

Mt. Pleasant Family of Three Displaced by Fire

The remnants of an evening barbeque may have been the spark that ignited an early morning fire in Mount Pleasant Monday. 

The South Shore Fire Department was called to the fire around 1 AM in the 6000 block of Joanne Drive in the Village of Mount Pleasant.   When firefighters arrived on scene, smoke could be seen coming from a second floor balcony on the 16 unit apartment building.  The fire had burned through an exterior wall of the building, and extended into the attic.  The apartment has minor smoke damage, and the attic had moderate fire damage, estimated at $10,000. One of the people in the apartment has a minor hand injury and was treated at the scene.   

The people inside the apartment, two adults and a child, were displaced by the fire.   All other people living in the building were allowed to return to their apartments.  

Share this article: