Tip Line: 414-777-5808 | newsdesk@cbs58.com

Man Injured Trying to Extinguish Fire at Germantown Apartment

On Friday, November 6 at 11:55 PM the Germantown Fire Department was dispatched to Sylvan Circle for an apartment fire. When crew arrived they found smoke coming from the front door and windows of the apartment and other apartments were in the process of evacuations.

Firefighters entered the apartment and found a fully involved kitchen fire beginning to extend into the dining room area.

The fire was extinguished in ten minutes and did not spread to other apartments.

One occupant received second degree burns after attempting to extinguish the fire. The victim was treated and released on scene.

According to an occupant the fire started from a pot of grease that was left on the stove.

Damage from the fire is estimated between $15,200 and $20,000.

Share this article: