Work is scheduled to remove and replace the Greenfield Avenue Bridge over I-894/US45. The project will:
- Reconstruct Greenfield Avenue from106th Street to 97th Street, including the bridge over I-894/US 45
- Construct a wider bridge with two left turn lanes at each freeway entrance ramp
- Eliminate the eastbound to northbound loop entrance ramp
Starting at 12:01 a.m. on January 24, here's what to expect:
- The roadway from 97th to 98th Street and 101st to 106th Street will be under construction and open to local traffic/businesses only.
- The eastbound on-ramp to northbound US 45 and the eastbound/westbound on-ramp to
southbound US 45 will also close.
- Constituents should expect noise and dust during construction, particularly during bridge demolition operations.
- Full freeway closures will be necessary to demolish the bridge. READ THE LATEST TRAFFIC ALERT
- Local access to businesses and residents within the closure area will be maintained at all times. Watch for construction business signage and special promotions.
- During the closure of Greenfield Avenue over I-894, traffic should use 84th Street, National Avenue, and HWY 100 to get around the closure.
- Utility relocation work requires lane closures on Greenfield Avenue are underway now.
- Ramp closures and freeway closure routes
- View the youtube gallery for detour animations of the bridge closure
Open for business
- Make sure to visit Greenfield Avenue businesses
- Read the latest business newsletter