MT. PLEASANT --- Mt. Pleasant Police are investigating the death of a 59-year-old person found dead in a garage.
On Thursday police responded to the 3200 block of Wood Rd. around 11:30 a.m. for a report of a Carbon Monoxide alarm sounding.
Police and fire crews evacuated the residents.
Crews found the source of the carbon monoxide originated from a garage unit. Officer's found the body of 59-year-old Geri Wells deceased in the garage.
Police say the incident is under investigation and the cause of death has yet to be determined.
No other injuries or illness was reported by any residents as a result of the carbon monoxide.