West Bend N/A
Fond du Lac N/A
Mother speaks out after son dies in fire
Mother urges smoke detectors
MILWAUKEE--We told you this weekend how a 7 year-old boy was killed in a house fire on Milwaukee's north side and today we spoke with that child's mother. That heartbroken mother says this was her first trip alone without her kids and she wants to send a message that could spare other parents from losing a loved one.
Tameshia Brice says she left her kids with her 25 year old cousin while she went to visit her sister at college. Early Saturday morning a fire broke out at the house in the 3200 block of north 23rd street.
The fire may have been started by food left cooking by that baby-sitter who went to sleep and unfortunately, there weren't any batteries in the smoke detectors, and that meant no warning and a lifetime of heartache for Tameshia