Gas leak causes problems for local pub


by Tiffany Tarpley

WAUWATOSA--A gas leak snarled traffic and hot food in Wauwatosa, Friday.

According to a spokesperson for We Energies an unrelated construction crew was doing work in the area of Highway 100 and Blue Mound when they hit a natural gas service line that runs to Mo's Irish Pub.

The restaurant had to serve a limited cold food and drink menu for about two hours until the problem could be resolved.

Some customers stayed anyway while  others decided to go elsewhere.

"There's no way I can sell you a cobb salad when you came in for a fish fry," explained Asst. General Manager Cecil McGrew.

The gas was restored just before 8pm Friday.



Should America lower the legal age to consume alcohol from 21 to 18?

  • Yes
  • No