Child playing with fireworks causes Racine blaze

Tools

by Tiffany Shepherd

RACINE-- Officials in Racine said that a child playing with fireworks caused a house fire in Racine Saturday night.

The Fire Department responded to the home on Kentucky Street around 11:00 p.m.

They were able to quickly extinguish the fire which started in a bedroom on the second floor.

All of the occupants in the home were able to safely make it out.

The fire caused about $25,000 worth of damage to the structure of the home and about $2,000 worth of damage to contents.

 

Poll

Which of these new Wisconsin State Fair snacks are you going to try?

  • BBQ Chicken Cone
  • Deep Fried Maple Bacon Cookie Dough
  • Reeses Funnel Cake
  • Deep Fried Racine Kringel