Candles Implicated in Triple Fatal Fire

Unattended candle burning in downstairs bathroom

Tools

by Michele McCormack

RACINE-investigators said on Monday that an unattended candle started the fire that killed three children last week.

As CBS 58 News first reported, WE Energies cut off power to the home on Linden Avenue last month.

The utility had visited the home just days before the fire to warn the family about hazards of living in a home without power.

Two girls ages 8 and 9 died the morning of the fire.

A 7 year old boy died the next day.

At last report the fourth child who was in the hospital, a 5 year old, remained at Children's Hospital but was expected to survive.

Funeral services for the three children who died are scheduled for this Friday in Racine.

Poll

Should America lower the legal age to consume alcohol from 21 to 18?

  • Yes
  • No