Autopsy report released in co-sleeping death of two-year-old boy
MILWAUKEE -- The Milwaukee County Medical Examiner's Office released the autopsy of the two-year-old boy found dead in an apartment on September 20th.
According to the report, two-year-old S'Dahnez Ray died while co-sleeping with his mother and her boyfriend on a twin sized air mattress. The report says the toddler fell asleep on a couch in the living room, but later got up and went into his mother's room. The child wasn't fully lying on the mattress so his mother pulled him up onto the mattress with her and her boyfriend.
The child's mother revealed to investigators that she consumed a 24-ounce can of Bud Light Straw-Ber-Rita and vodka before falling asleep. The report says she also told investigators she had been smoking marijuana before she went to sleep.
By the time emergency responders arrived at the apartment, located near 95th and Sheridan Ave., the child showed signs of rigor mortis. S'Dannez Ray was pronounced dead at 2:25 p.m. on September 20th.