Apartment complex evacuated after cooking fire


by Tiffany Shepherd

BROWN DEER—An apartment complex in Brown Deer is evacuated after a cooking fire early Sunday morning.

A resident living on the second floor in Bradley Crossings Apartments said that she was cooking when she fell asleep with the pan still on top of the stove.

When she awoke the fire alarm was sounded. There were flames on the stove and the apartment was filled with smoke.

The resident’s daughter attempted to put out the fire using a fire extinguisher, but she was unable to.

They safely exit the apartment.

Brown Deer Police Officers and North Shore Fire crews responded to the apartment complex shortly after 1:00 a.m.

They evacuated the entire apartment complex.

When they arrived at the second floor unit where the fire began, the apartment was full of smoke and the sprinkler system was activated.

Fire Department officials checked and made sure the fire was extinguished.

The unit where the fire started had some fire damage, smoke and extensive water damage from the sprinkler system.

The residents will be displaced until repairs are made.

Two apartments below that unit also suffered water damage and those residents will also be displaced until repairs are made.

No one was injured in the fire.



Should employers be able to ask applicants for social media log in information?

  • Yes
  • No