Special Agent and Supervisor no longer with DOJ after child porn review

Tools

by John Cuoco

MILWAUKEE- CBS 58 confirmed Wednesday that a special and supervisor were no longer with the State Department of Justice.

According to the Associated Press, Attorney General J.B. Van Hollen said the two employees left the State Justice Department Wednesday morning, but he wouldn't explain whether they were fired or resigned.

Van Hollen previously said in written statements about the review that disappointing performance is not acceptable and that he's gravely disappointed in these failures

In 2010, the DOJ received a cyber tip about the 37-year-old Turk and because it took nearly three years for the Department to follow up,Turk got a plea deal ,left court a free man, and avoided having his name added to the state's sex offender registry.

The AP also reports Van Hollen says the review found no other agents were allowing their cases to sit except the two who left the agency.

The Associated Press says investigators are still reviewing the two cases to determine how many sat for too long.

CBS 58's Previous story HERE
 

Poll

Should America lower the legal age to consume alcohol from 21 to 18?

  • Yes
  • No