11 hospitalized after carbon monoxide leak

Tools

by Chris Patterson

MILWAUKEE -- 11 people were hospitalized by a carbon monoxide leak at Playmakers, a shoe store on the 5000 block of W. Fond du Lac Ave. Milwaukee firefighters responded to the scene to find a one contractor fainted.

Contractors were remodeling the building using a propane power tool. Investigators believe that tool caused the carbon monoxide leak.

Fire officials say carbon monoxide were high when they arrived, but have lowered the levels to zero.

Poll

Which of these new Wisconsin State Fair snacks are you going to try?

  • BBQ Chicken Cone
  • Deep Fried Maple Bacon Cookie Dough
  • Reeses Funnel Cake
  • Deep Fried Racine Kringel