Local 10-Year-Old Calls 911 when Father Overdoses
A 10-year-old and 5-month-old were at home with their father when they watched him overdose in the bathroom.
The incident occurred in Racine on Wednesday.
The 10-year-old called 911 and met first responders at the door.
She told police she was at home alone with her dad and her 5-month-old brother, and that her dad was on the floor in the bathroom unconscious.
Officers administered 2 doses of Narcan before the man came around.
A burned spoon with a cotton ball was found and tested positive for oxycodone.
According to the criminal complaint, the children’s mother arrived later and advised that she had gone to work in Lake Geneva at 2:00 PM. She was in Lake Geneva when her daughter called her because of her dad being in the bathroom unconscious.
The father was charged with possession of narcotics, two counts of second degree recklessly endangering safety, and two counts of felony bail jumping.