Tip Line: 414-777-5808 | newsdesk@cbs58.com

Germantown Fire Department Responds to Multiple Critical Burn Patients After Fire Pit Explodes

GERMANTOWN - The Germantown Fire and Police Departments were dispatched to a reported burn patient at McDonalds located at N96 W17512 County Line Road in Germantown early Saturday morning.  While responding the Communications Center advised that the patient was burned at a different location as a result of gasoline being tossed onto an open fire pit causing an explosion. 

Upon arrival, the GFD found a 25-year-old female with critical 2nd and 3rd Degree Burns to 40% of her body also involving her respiratory area.  Flight for Life was requested for transport to St Mary’s Burn Center in Milwaukee.  A second patient was also located at McDonalds with critical burns to 40% of her body but no respiratory involvement.  She was transported by Germantown Fire Department ambulance with assistance from Lisbon FD paramedics to St. Mary’s Burn Center also.

The GFD also dispatched units to an address on Kings Way were the injuries occurred.   A third victim was found with minor burns to his chest and hand.  He was transported to the Burn Center by his wife. GFD unit’s confirmed that the fire was extinguished.  There was damage to the side of the home and patio.  Once the area was determined to be safe it was turned over to Germantown Police for investigation.

Share this article: