Tip Line: 414-777-5808 | newsdesk@cbs58.com

Garbage Chute Fire at UWM Dorm Building Causes Evacuation

A garbage chute fire in the north tower of the Sandburg Residence Halls caused a building evacuation Tuesday night, Milwaukee Fire says.

The fire in the garbage chute caused light smoke on the 12th floor of the north tower, located at 3400 N. Maryland Ave.

Students in the tower had to be evacuated, but are now being allowed back into their rooms.

No cause of the fire is known at this time. 

Share this article: