Tip Line: 414-777-5808 | newsdesk@cbs58.com

Fire Department Called to Hotel in Lake Geneva for Gas Odor

Lake Geneva Fire Department was called to the Cove hotel for natural gas odor on Tuesday morning.

Lake Geneva Fire Department was dispatched to the parking lot of the Cove at 111 Center Street for a strong odor of natural gas.

Firefighters began conducting a systematic and thorough investigation.

Their investigation discovered elevated levels of gas, but no identified source.

The gas company was dispatched and crews continued their investigation.

Firefighters discovered a fire on the roof in a heating and air conditioning unit.

According to the Lake Geneva Fire Department, the fire was extinguished with dry chemical extinguishers. Damage was limited to the HVAC unit. Cause and origin are under investigation. No injuries were reported. Units were back in quarters at 8:00 AM.

Guests were evacuated while firefighters were on scene. 

Share this article: