Tip Line: 414-777-5808 | newsdesk@cbs58.com

Family Remembers Toddler Who Died in House Fire

Family members are remembering a toddler who died after his house caught fire Thursday night. We've learned the boy's name is Marshaun Franks Junior. The child's aunt told me the boy was named after his father.
    
"He only one years old, he only one bro," said Chamar Clay, Marshaun's Aunt.

The death of Marshaun Jr. was too much for Clay, but as devastated as she is, she's remembering her nephew as happy.

"Yeah man, he was," Clay said. "He was never sad, man. Every time I see him, he just give me a smile man. I loved that little boy."

Investigators say the fire started on the second floor, which is where neighbors say Marshaun and his family lived. A group of neighbors kicked in the door trying desperately to save the child, but the smoke was too much.

"His energy ain't died, he's gonna live through me forever man. I love my nephew man," Clay added.

Neighbors say three other children made it out alive. The house did not have any working smoke detectors.

Share this article: