Drop of Doom Creates 100 Story Virtual Free-fall at Six Flags
GURNEE, IL. —Six Flags Great America in partnership with Samsung Electronics America, Inc., the “Official Technology Partner of Six Flags,” launches an all-new virtual reality experience, Drop of Doom VR. This VR attraction is a thrilling, immersive encounter with giant, mutant spiders and is an incredible headliner to the parks’ opening weekend April 29 and 30. Morning Anchor Whitney Martin tested it out.
Riders, using Samsung Gear VR powered by Oculus, will become the pilots of a futuristic gunship under attack by mutant spiders. This intense, interactive adventure features:
- A high speed virtual vertical ascent up 100 stories, while teetering off the edge of a helicopter;
- A 360-degree rotating view high above massive city skyscrapers that are under siege by enormous spiders;
- A high-intensity gun battle against a giant arachnid, spewing baby spiders that virtually crawl all over the rider’s body;
- A thrilling 100-story fiery plunge straight down between towering skyscrapers; and
- The final showdown with a spider the size of a van, teeth-gnashing and in full attack mode.
The Drop of Doom VR attraction is free with park admission and available April 29 through Memorial Day. Season Passes and All Season Dining Passes are available online now at sixflags.com.