Tip Line: 414-777-5808 | newsdesk@cbs58.com

UPDATE: Brookfield house fire caused by candle, officials say

Updated: 11:30 a.m. on January 2, 2018

BROOKFIELD, Wis. (CBS 58) -- A candle burning too close to some clothing had firefighters working to save a home in Brookfield Tuesday morning. 

Those inside the home on Calhoun Road, including the family's dog, were able to get out safely. 

"Whenever we have this cold weather, it's a little hard on the firefighters. There's a lot of slipping and falling. We did not have any injuries, also if we're not careful, you know, water can freeze in hose lines, but there are certain precautions we take to make sure that doesn't happen," said Assistant Fire Chief David Mason with the Brookfield Fire Department. 

Unfortunately, the home was significantly damaged in the fire.

A GoFundMe has been set up to support the family. If you'd like to donate, click here


Posted: 7:55 a.m. on January 2, 2018

BROOKFIELD, Wis. (CBS 58) – Emergency crews are on the scene of a house fire in Brookfield.

The home is located near N. Calhoun Rd. and Town Trail.

Stay with CBS 58 as we continue to follow this developing story.

Share this article: