Tip Line: 414-777-5808 | newsdesk@cbs58.com

Child Burned After Falling into Fire Pit

A 3-year-old Sturtevant girl is in Children’s Hospital with third-degree burns after falling into a fire pit Sunday evening.  According to a news release from the Sturtevant Police Department, the child fell into the recreational fire pit around 7:45 PM.  She was immediately pulled out of the fire by her parents.   When Police arrived at the scene I the 2600 block of Wisconsin Street, the parents were pouring cold water and placing wet towels on the child.  The South Shore Fire Department Paramedics and Flight for Life were called.   The child was flown to Children’s Hospital for treatment of her burns.  According to the Police report, the injury appears to be accidental, but the incident is still under investigation.

Share this article: