Tip Line: 414-777-5808 | newsdesk@cbs58.com

Breaking News

Candle causes house fire in Racine

A Racine man is out of his home today after a fire caused by an unattended candle.  According to the City of Racine Fire Department, an unattended candle is the cause of a residential fire at Jay Eye See Avenue and De Koven Avenue just before 7 p.m. Friday.  The news release said the unattended candle apparently fell onto clothing and ignited the fire in a first floor rear bedroom of the two story house.   The home received both fire and smoke damage to the interior and exterior of the home.   The one occupant of the home was able to escape the fire unharmed.   However, the home is considered uninhabitable at this time.   Damage is estimated  at $20,000.

Share this article: